Monday, November 17, 2014

Style

I am not one of those people who can use style to keep life fuss-free. My coworker is.
Exhibit A: She announced her wedding date a week in advance.
So, I wanted to make something that would suit her (or my impression of her) in a very short amount of time.

The morning of the wedding came and her book was on my desk ready to be wrapped.
And I spilled coffee all over it.

In Greece, this is actually a good luck sign (brings money to the union) but in my personal culture there was no way I could give her a sodden book.
Besides, it wasn't her style anyway. The two quick books I made in record time were. Since time was short, the binding was kept simple-3 hole binding modified to give a closing tie.

but I added some style with hand-rounded corners (my first successful ones I may add) and embroidery on the cover

this is her favorite clothes color combination-she pulls it off. yes, for lack of anything else, I hand-drew the patterns on these covers

grid paper insides and the inside of the embroidery

No comments:

Post a Comment